Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Around the World in 80 days


Will Philip make it round the world ?

Inspired by the Jules Verne novel Around the World in Eighty Days which describes the extraordinary travels of Phileas Fogg and his valet Passepartout who, in order to win a bet with Fogg's fellow club members, attempt to circumnavigate the globe within 80 days. I have decided to try to recreate the adventure with a Furry Travel Buddy. The idea will be to have as many people as possible take part in this project. The rules are simple, the Furry Travel Buddy will have a passport and come with a short set of instructions. The aim is to get the FTB to as many countries as possible within eighty days. (I am resigning myself that those countries in conflict won't necessarily be holiday destinations but there are a lot of countries left!) I will send the FTB to London where it will start its journey (got to be authentic after all )and hopefully people will embrace the spirit of the project and send a picture of his whereabouts so that we can all track his progress.

I will start off with a yet to be decided friend in London but from that point on it will be people I don't necessarily know who aren't familiar with the FTB concept. Will Phillip make it back to Huntington Beach, we'll have to wait and see... but it'll be exciting to see what happens.

I'm secretly hoping someone knows a pilot, back packing gap year student, highly in demand global business partner, a UN official..... I can dream after all. The Furry Travel Buddy I am putting my faith in is Phillip . He kind of looks a bit like a balloon and is red (a lucky colour in many cultures) so I thought it quite appropriate.

Watch this space, cross your fingers and join me over the next few months for the ride.

Also I'll announce this months FTB draw winner on Jan 1st, happy new year if you're in a different time zone. Coming soon exciting news from two new FTB's Patch and Phoebe. And if that isn't enough I'll be revealing "The Buddies". What are they ? You'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

S.K.Roy said...

Merry christmas and wishing a very very happy new year to you. I enjoyed your blog.